My kitchen floor isn’t carpeted so it has a slippery floor – an ideal surface for bodyweight exercise!
Here’s what I do:
1. I take a large tea towel and fold it in half.
2. I get on my knees, put the folded towel down in front of me, and place both hands on the towel
3. I start pushing the towel forward with my arms straight out in front of me, keeping my knees in the same place and lean forward
4. I go as far forward as I can without letting my body touch the floor (trying to go as flat as possible)
5. I then use all my strength to slide the towel back towards my body whilst maintaining straight arms.
6. I then repeat until I cannot do anymore!
This is an intense move, but anyone can do it! Just start small, only going as far forward as you can and keep practicing that, whilst trying to push further forward each time. You’ll get to the point where you can go completely flat (and not letting your body touch the floor) sooner than you think.
If you’re not sure how this works then ask me after the class on Saturday and I’ll happily show you. If your kitchen floor has carpet then you can still do this move. You just need something that slides across the carpet (oven tray?).
Give it a try and let me know how you get on.